Friday, June 15, 2007

"The foot that is restless will tread on a turd"


Not kidding ya, this is a real live, legitimate Ethiopian proverb. And being that I have been known to be a bit restless (i.e. abandoning my career to travel the world), I decided to give this ol' proverb a run for its $ (sans the stepping in shit part) in Ethiopia's Simien Mountains.

All I could think to myself as we walked along in the pouring ran was,"13 months of sunshine" (The Ethiopian Tourism Slogan) my ass".
It ended up pissing down rain most of time during our 2 day trek, but the brief moments of clear weather opened our eyes to a land full of craggy peaks and some of the most stunning scenery I've ever seen. Not to mention the hundreds of Gelada Baboons that were running (and as most baboons do, humping) about (you can see a few of them playing in the picture above).

In the end the scenery was well worth the "damp" (the term used to describe the conditions by our guide) conditions.

1 Comments:

Blogger Curtis said...

You and me baby ain't nothing but mammals....

July 20, 2007 at 12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home